Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Politics & Government
Wed November 7, 2012
Ypsilanti, Willow Run school districts to merge
The Ypsilanti and Willow Run school districts are expected to become one following a vote about the future of the southeastern Michigan school systems.
Published reports say voters backed the idea of consolidating the struggling school districts. Supporters say the plan will improve schools. Opponents say combining two unstable school districts is problematic.
The proposed consolidation comes in the wake of Michigan education funding cuts and Gov. Rick Snyder's efforts to encourage local units of government to share services.