Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Proposal 1 in Michigan: Emergency Manager Law Referendum
Voters will decide whether to approve Public Act 4, the state's emergency manager law. The law allows the state to assess the financial condition of cities and school districts, and to appoint an emergency manager should a financial emergency be found.
The emergency manager takes the place of local government officials and can modify and terminate contracts as needed.
You can find more information about the referendum below.