Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Proposal 1 in Michigan: Emergency Manager Law Referendum
Voters will decide whether to approve Public Act 4, the state's emergency manager law. The law allows the state to assess the financial condition of cities and school districts, and to appoint an emergency manager should a financial emergency be found.
The emergency manager takes the place of local government officials and can modify and terminate contracts as needed.
You can find more information about the referendum below.