Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Proposal 1 in Michigan: Emergency Manager Law Referendum
Voters will decide whether to approve Public Act 4, the state's emergency manager law. The law allows the state to assess the financial condition of cities and school districts, and to appoint an emergency manager should a financial emergency be found.
The emergency manager takes the place of local government officials and can modify and terminate contracts as needed.
You can find more information about the referendum below.