Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon December 16, 2013
GM making a 'significant' announcement in Flint today
General Motors plans to make a “significant manufacturing” announcement in Flint today.
General Motors officials have declined to say what they plan to announce at the Flint Assembly plant.
But they have confirmed that Governor Rick Snyder and GM North America President Mark Reuss will be there.
The announcement in Flint coincides with an appearance by outgoing GM CEO Dan Akerson at the National Press Club in Washington D.C., where he’s scheduled to speak on the automaker’s plans for future investment in the U.S.
Recently, the city of Flint granted GM a huge tax abatement for a paint shop at the assembly plant.