Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Mon December 16, 2013
GM making a 'significant' announcement in Flint today
General Motors plans to make a “significant manufacturing” announcement in Flint today.
General Motors officials have declined to say what they plan to announce at the Flint Assembly plant.
But they have confirmed that Governor Rick Snyder and GM North America President Mark Reuss will be there.
The announcement in Flint coincides with an appearance by outgoing GM CEO Dan Akerson at the National Press Club in Washington D.C., where he’s scheduled to speak on the automaker’s plans for future investment in the U.S.
Recently, the city of Flint granted GM a huge tax abatement for a paint shop at the assembly plant.