Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Mon December 16, 2013
GM making a 'significant' announcement in Flint today
General Motors plans to make a “significant manufacturing” announcement in Flint today.
General Motors officials have declined to say what they plan to announce at the Flint Assembly plant.
But they have confirmed that Governor Rick Snyder and GM North America President Mark Reuss will be there.
The announcement in Flint coincides with an appearance by outgoing GM CEO Dan Akerson at the National Press Club in Washington D.C., where he’s scheduled to speak on the automaker’s plans for future investment in the U.S.
Recently, the city of Flint granted GM a huge tax abatement for a paint shop at the assembly plant.